prostate exam

mikey555

prostate exam

Postby mikey555 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:25 pm

I'm getting on in years. My Doctor suggested I should have my prostate examined, but I personally feel I shouldn't have to. Is he right? I'm just worried because he's sticking his finger up my butt, and I just feel sort of violated if that happens. Someone give me some good advice here.

walker

Re: prostate exam

Postby walker » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Personally I side with your doctor. Yes, having a finger in your butt sucks. But prostate cancer is no laughing matter. Millions of men suffer for it yearly, and it's a problem that can be detected, and at least taken care of, early.

Edward

Postby Edward » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Trust me, it might seem humiliating, but it's worth it in the end. If you can at least find a problem in you early enough to be detected, it'll add years to your life, and you won't have to suffer the horrible effects of prostate cancer. Relax a little, don't clench your cheeks, and just realize that millions of men go through the same yearly, and survive.

Sargonnas

Postby Sargonnas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:20 pm

I have to agree with the others here, you shouldn't be neglecting to get yourself checked out. Prostate cancer isn't anything to play around with and I'd rather deal with that uncomfortable situation than to be on my death bed taking chemo.

Roderick

Postby Roderick » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:13 am

Dude, I’ve had cancer before and let me tell you, you do not want to have that happen to you and have to go through treatments. I know it can be rough going down there and having to go through that experience but it’s nothing compared to cancer. Go get yourself checked out, get your results and then move on from it.

nickde1983

Postby nickde1983 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:17 am

Believe me. Your health is far more important. I know it seems humiliating, and it seems to violate you. I get that. I really do. But you'll need to at least know fully what to expect in case there are problems. Look on the bright side. People have this procedure done all the time and live through it. Do what I did when it happened to me: Cry and buy myself a big chocolate shake to make myself feel better.

Return to “ED General Discussions”